(本文部分内容采编自北京广播电台读书俱乐部热推图书《环球商务英语之旅》)
15. NEVER speak badly about a former employer. 不要说前任雇主的坏话。
If there were problems with previous experiences, try to put your answers in the positive rather than the negative. If you slight a former employer, the interviewer may assume that you will someday do the same to him or her.
如果你有一个“心碎的过去”,那么尽可能以积极而非消极的方式来描述。如果你贬损前任雇主,那么面试官一定会认为有一天你会对他/她做同样的事儿!
16. Watch your grammar and your manners. 注意你的语法和举止。
- Employers are interested in candidates who can express themselves properly. Even if you have to slow down to correct yourself -- do it!
- 雇主只对那些能够恰当表述自己的面试者感兴趣。所以,你完全可以放慢语速来保持自己的语言正确性。
- Use slang expressions very sparingly.
- 慎重使用俚语。
- Avoid speaking in a monotone by varying your tone and pitch, however don't overdo it and come across as overly excited or emotional.
- 避免单一的语调,注意改变语调与音高。但不要过分;做得过分会让人误解你比较情绪化。
17. Be Prepared to Ask Questions. 做好问问题的准备。
- Almost all interviewers will ask if you have any questions. You should have at least one that is related to the conversation you have just completed.
- 在面试即将结束前,几乎所有的面试官都会问到你是否有问题要问。你的问题中起码要有一个与你和面试官完成的谈话内容有关。
- Your questions should be related to details about the company and should be based on the information you learned from the homework you have done.
- 你的问题应该与公司运营的细节相关联,并基于你之前做的功课。
背后的逻辑:通过问问题,表明了
1.你对于加入他们公司的热情和期望;
2. 你是飞机上挂暖瓶---水平(水瓶)高;
18.Use Telephone Interviews. 使用电话面试的方式。
If you are applying for jobs in places in other states/provinces, you can suggest a short telephone interview.
如果你申请的是其他一个州/省的工作,你可以建议一个简短的电话面试。
背后的逻辑:通过在电话里的初步交谈,评估一下长途奔袭去参加这个职位的面试的必要性。
19. Don't expect an immediate job offer. 不要期待立即得到一份录用通知书。
- Offers usually follow the interview, a few weeks later.
- 录用通知书通常是在面试几周后签发。
- If you are offered the position on the spot, it is appropriate for you to ask for one or two days to think about the offer before responding.
- 如果你当场就得到了录用,那么也最好这样说---“我需要一两天的时间考虑,之后答复您”。
20.Be careful with the closing. 要注意面试结束的方式。
- Do not linger.
- 不要恋战。
- End quickly and courteously:
- 迅速而有礼貌的结束。可以这样说:
- I appreciate the time you’ve given me.
- 感激您的宝贵时间。
- I’ll look forward to hearing from you.
- 期待您的答复。
- Smile and give a firm handshake.
- 微笑并有力地握手。
21. Be Yourself! 做你自己!
You do not want to get hired on the basis of something you are not. You want to be hired for who you are!
你总不希望别人根据对不真实的你的认识来雇佣你。表现出你的“真我”吧!
~连载 1 ~连载 2~ ~连载 3~结束